IslamicTeachings.org

Allah Boasts About...

Abu Hafsat

As-Salaam alaikum, 

Mu'awiyah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrates that the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, once came forth to meet a group of the Sahaba, may Allah be pleased with them. He said, "What has caused you to congragate here?". 

They replied : "We have congragated here to remember Allah Ta'ala and to praise Him for guiding us to Islam and blessing us with it. He said : By Allah! Is this the only reason for your gathering? They replied : By Allah! This is the only reason for our gathering. 

He said : I had not made you swear an oath because I disbelieve you but Jibril came to me and informed me that Allah Ta'ala is boasting about you before the angels. "(Muslim, Tirmidhi, Nisa'i and Ahmad). 

Mulla Ali Qari, may Allah be Merciful to him, explains that Allah boasts about these people despite having worldly engagements, natural desires, temptations and the Shaytan trying to mislead them, they do not neglect and turn away from Allah's Remembrance... on the other hand angels who are also always engaged in Zikr, are not faced with any of these obstacles.